• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Socalxj Jamboree coming up

Fullsizexj

NAXJA Forum User
It is that time of the year, Socalxj from Yahoo groups is holding the 5th annual Socalxj Jamboree out at Stoddard Valley. There is trails available for every level of ability or build up. For directions and a map of how to get there check Here It is March 12-14th A great way to meat other XJer's in Socal. No admission fee, it is totally free including camping. It is totally primative camping so bring water and supplies. It is also located about 15 to 20 minutes from Barstow so lodging is close for those who do not want to camp.
Hope to see ya there

Maybe???

I might be able to go see how funds go though, kinda low right now.

Rabbit :bawl:

Sounds like a good time! There might be a couple of XJer's coming from Las Vegas. We would get there on late Friday evening. Is there a main place where everyone will be camping or what is on the horizon for Friday? Thanks!

Sprink669 said:
Sounds like a good time! There might be a couple of XJer's coming from Las Vegas. We would get there on late Friday evening. Is there a main place where everyone will be camping or what is on the horizon for Friday? Thanks!
I will be there early Friday, follow the directions on the map posted on http://www.socalxj.com under Jamboree. we will be camping in one big main area. I will put up paper plate markers with XJ on them leading the way from the main rd, they stand out pretty good at night

I'm gonna try to make it out. Might actually do it this time too...

I am going to see if i can take Friday off to get up there early. Might bring my dad along since he has been wanting to go along. Its not too bad having your own pit crew as well.

I'll have to stock up on some 260 ujoints :tear:

BTW: how serious are those saftey requirements on the page. I dont meet all of those :twak:

1. no parking brake (have an auto though)
2. no REAL jack

-Scott

Last edited:
This event is too close to TDS! I can't get the wife to let me out in the jeep 2 weekends in a row..... This happened last year also!
I vote for mid april next year! party1:

saki669 said:
This event is too close to TDS! I can't get the wife to let me out in the jeep 2 weekends in a row..... This happened last year also!
I vote for mid april next year! party1:
We had always held it at the end of January beginning of Feb but NAXJA held their Calico event so we moved it this time

I am planning on heading out Friday night but need to return Saturday evening for another commitment. Be nice to put names to faces though and get in a run or two.

Back