• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Wiper Switch

Backdraft

NAXJA Forum User
I was just wondering if Jeep ever produced an intermittant rear wiper switch. Its been raining here for 3 days straight and im getting agitated having to hit the switch periodically but not wanting it to run constant. Was this an option on a higher package or is it a pipe dream? TIA

Mike

On my 91, I would classify it as intermittant. I think it wipes once every 10(?) seconds.

This functionality is incorporated into the wiper motor -- not performed externally.

Just a thought. You might be able to run a "Dimmer" switch inline to the wiper motor. By reducing the voltage you should be able to slow the motor down, so while not truely intermittent, the wiper arn would move back and forth more slowly or normally, depending on where you turn the knob to. I'm not sure if the reduction in voltage would harm the motor, but in theory it should work. If I'm totally out to lunch and this idea is a bad one, please let me know.

Thanks for the info. I wanna keep it as stock looking inside as possible, so i might put a new motor in it or just forget about it.

Mike

you could always wire in the delay switch hidden somewhere...under the dash or somewhere. just set it for 5-10 seconds, unless you always want to be able to change it.

Back