• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ/MJ Peugeot BA10/5 into YJ, any differences?

BrettM

NAXJA Forum User
I know that just by the nature of this being a Peugeot tranny question it makes it kinda Newbieish, but I'm getting rid of it! help me get it gone!

I am trying to sell my Peugeot BA10/5 tranny from my '88 MJ (same drivetrain as XJ) and the 2 people I have interested have YJs. One mentioned that he thought the bellhousing, length and output are different.

I am pretty sure they both are the same length and the output is the same 21 spline, though the transfer case is clocked a few degrees differently. On the bellhousing, the YJs don't have fuel injection like the XJs, so they don't have a CPS there, but do you actually need to modify it, or could you just leave it there unplugged?

both the guys want something they can just bolt up and be done with

thanks
brett

As far as the CPS, just leave it out (spare 4 you?) and plug the hole on the BH access port with silicone or something?.

I dunno of the tranny tailshaft clocks the tcase or if the clocking is done by the case itself (been a year or so since I swapped mine off a BA10/5 and all my junk is at work or at my other house)

Back