• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wtf?

I don't know if this guy ment $1000, but if not, someone needs to jump on it.

I just e-mailed him and told him I'd take it. Sorry guy's, but i offered him a little more than top bider (within reason). If I get it, I might have a Ford 8.8 with 4:10 and locker for sale for a reasonable price.

I have a brother that lives out there and is coming here in a couple of weeks.

Carry on luggage? Oh well....I couldn't really afford it right now anyway...Back to the original question what is a small bearing 9 in?

As you can see new here!

Not sure, but for $100 or a little more, I'm willing to find out.

Small bearing,doesn't that mean the small housing with 28 spline axle's ?
You might have to have new ends welded on to get up to 31 spline. I could be wrong on that thought. I would check on it. A nine can be bought for 100.00 in any yard.

Can't find them out here in SoCal for that. Well, I haven't anyway.

this sounds like modified tech to me:

David Taylor said:
Small bearing,doesn't that mean the small housing with 28 spline axle's ?
You might have to have new ends welded on to get up to 31 spline. I could be wrong on that thought. I would check on it. A nine can be bought for 100.00 in any yard.

AWR-

Refer to the first post of this thread. There are 11 NON-TECH posts before any kind of technical material is offered. This thread was about the price of an axle, and the price was most likely a typo at that. Therefore...WRONG FORUM.

Fergie

Actually the original post was trying to figure out what the ..... it was! I probably should have just retyped the info, but I was lazy! I know it is a 9" rear, (didn't know what a small bearing was) but was and am still trying to figure out if there was any merit to have it over one of the other rears...ie D44 or 8.8...so the ORIGINAL post really had nothing to do with price, just curious. Probably should have made the intent more clear!

Back