• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scoop Hood

Jeremyvnc

NAXJA Forum User
I've seen pictures of some jeeps that have hoods with scoops (1 or 2) or a cal induction. Anyone know where I can get one or all of these just fabs?

I found a fully funct hood in JC Whitney with scoops for a couple hundred or you can take your hood to an autobody shop and have them hack and install a set of scoops..

NACA Vents

Do a search on NACA vents, quite a few good hit and links out of that one as well as some interesting reading on how they work.

NACA vents look cool, but wouldn't do much good on the hood of an XJ. There is no boundry layer flowing over the hood. High pressure at the leading edge and at the base of the windshield, low pressure in between.

Depends on what he wants the vents for, some of the naca vents are closable and would make an ideal solution for bleeding off hot air if put near the windshield, they could be closed when not needed. They could also be put on the upper fenders on the outside with a scoop on the high pressure area, would improve air flow thru the engine compartment quite a bit a'la Buick vents...

RichP said:
Do a search on NACA vents, quite a few good hit and links out of that one as well as some interesting reading on how they work.

The original post requested info on "hood scoops or cowl induction", not vents. Any shape hole will work as a vent on an XJ hood. Any hole can be designed to close. Read your own links for some interesting reading on how they work.

For cool looks; yes. For function; no.

Back