• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket Exhaust Manifold - OEM Style

It doesnt look like the exhuast will roll out smoothly... I think it might even be worse than stock with air flow...

The OEM exhaust manifold is made from an alloy. It´s pretty soft really. Have noticed different thicknesses in OEM replacements, don´t know if it´s an upgrade or different concessionaires (suppliers).
Most times when the OEM cracks, it´s because it´s become hardened. Heated and wet down with water and/or physically damaged when somebody doing exhaust work, forgot the exhaust is connected to the manifold, when removing things with a BFR (the cross member brace, absorbs some, but not all abuse).
I´ve always wondered if aftermarket replacement manifolds, are a bit too hard (stainless comes in many grades) and won´t last very long. The thicker walled version of the OEM manifold lasts a good long time, I often snatch them out at the junk yard, when I come across one (prime junk).
Have heard good things about, Borla. But I have some spare thick walled manifolds, in the garage when needed ($20 and an hours wrenching).

Back