• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fabtech's new XJ 4" lift

89TrailXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have it, or know anyone with it? I know Fabtech makes some good stuff, but it seems kinda pricey for what you get. Does look like it would let the front flex well though. What do you think?

The newest addition to the Jeep XJ family is the all new Fabtech 4" lift. Uses heavy duty rotational urethane joints for superior articulation. The kit includes new coil springs for the front, rear add-a-leafs, shackles, billet transfer case spacers, pitman arm, bump stops, rear track bar bracket, sway bar links and shocks.

Price: $699

Fabtech 4" XJ lift

I'd go with RE 4.5 over that any day (about the same price w/ aals). Also don't get aals, get springpacks instead.

Thanks for your opinions guys. I am just trying to do as much research I can before I drop the cash on my lift.

89TrailXJ said:
Thanks for your opinions guys. I am just trying to do as much research I can before I drop the cash on my lift.
well..

at 4", your stock trackbar will be an issue. it will limit flex and it will misalign the axle. this kit has NOTHING to deal with that issue.

IMHO, it looks like crap... expensive crap at that!

The rear track bar bracket is probably for the front, but those are crap nonetheless. Let other people test it and work out the kinks, buy something tried and true.

I have a 3" Skyjacker double flex and I recommend Skyjacker. Awesome quality, tech support. Look at the RE kits and look at the Skyjacker, then compare the components for strength and quality and Skyjacker will win hands down. It is worth saving a little more money for the Skyjacker. If you have any questions e-mail me([email protected]).

Well looks like I am going to build my own kit, that way it has everything the way I want. I am going 4.5"-5" with it. That way I will only have the parts I need (Like I don't need sway bar disco's etc, its not a DD, its a trail rig) so I can spend a little more on the parts that are the most important.

Aloha365 said:
I have a 3" Skyjacker double flex and I recommend Skyjacker. Awesome quality, tech support. Look at the RE kits and look at the Skyjacker, then compare the components for strength and quality and Skyjacker will win hands down. It is worth saving a little more money for the Skyjacker. If you have any questions e-mail me([email protected]).

Skyjacker is way too overpriced in most peoples opinion...

RE is the general consensus.

mad maXJ said:
fabtech makes primarily IFS show truck lifts, I wouldn't trust them to make a quality lift for a trail jeep

Just out of curiosity what information do you base that statement on?

karstic said:

What he means is they make lifts for 2wd fullsizes and such, with a prerunner influence. Which doesnt mean that I Wouldnt trust them on a trail Jeep, im just too cheap for that much $$$.

If you want show, go $kyjacker or superlift.

karstic said:

it boils down to this; I would be EXTREMELY hesitant about buying a lift from any company that makes H2 lifts :puke:. I would stick with a company that specializes in your vehicle, for what you intend to use it for, and with many years of experience in that application. In this case RE seems to be the hands down winner.

Of course, I no longer have ANYTHING made by ANY aftermarket lift manufacturer on my MJ. All my suspension is made from mild steel and junkyard OE stuff, and I love it.

(edited for spelling)

Ronbo said:
Ignorance, of course.

yes that's right, ignorance

oh and maybe the fact that they think that an XJ has a rear trackbar and they use shackles that won't actually FIT an XJ...

or how about the fact that you can get a tried and true RE 3.5" kit (will give an actual 4") and add some sweet Bilstein 5100s or OME shocks and still be less than the Fabtech

Back