• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ switch panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

deke

NAXJA Forum User
P1010009_001.sized.jpg

P1010010.sized.jpg

anyone intrested in this? gona try and do a quick run of them.

is there enough room to run the wiring above the headliner?

the guy i got this one from already ran me a load of 20 of them. 1/2 inch holes and all. they are laser cut and he had time open so i just said fuck it, go for it.
im doing the wiring tonight for them. i am using some 9 core, 22 guage wire that is used for low voltage house wiring(12 volt go figure). the 22 guage wiring will only be the controll wires for relays. to get above the liner i am just gona run the wire in the hole already in there for the visor clips. im seeing where i can get this bent up and welded professionally so im hoping for cost right around 20 bucks. i dont want to make any money off of it, so we'll see how much the sheet metal shop will charge me.

A couple questions -

1) Material - what are you using? Just wondering how to coat it...

2) Future cuts - any possiblity of redoing the switch holes to use the little "locator slot" found on the mounting shank? It would need a small tab at TDC 1/16"x1/16" for that to work...

Just asking. I don't mind getting something like that in the white if I know how to coat it when it gets here...

5-90

its hot roll steel. so just about any paint will work for the application.
i've always used a small file to make those locator slots, but maybe i just do it the hard way.

Yeah - HRS is easy to deal with and to cover, so no worries there.

Actually, tho, the locator isn't so much a groove as a "tooth" projecting into the hole. The groove is found on the threaded collar of the switch.

Specification for the mounting hole for common toggle switches (single-point mount) is 15/32" with an internal "tooth"/projection of 1/16" at TDC of the opening to prevent rotation of the switch. I know there are a couple companies that make punches that will do the hole from a pilot, but most I've seen are up around $150-200. I may try to make one in machine shop in the next couple quarters...

5-90

deke said:
the guy i got this one from already ran me a load of 20 of them. 1/2 inch holes and all. they are laser cut and he had time open so i just said fuck it, go for it.
im doing the wiring tonight for them. i am using some 9 core, 22 guage wire that is used for low voltage house wiring(12 volt go figure). the 22 guage wiring will only be the controll wires for relays. to get above the liner i am just gona run the wire in the hole already in there for the visor clips. im seeing where i can get this bent up and welded professionally so im hoping for cost right around 20 bucks. i dont want to make any money off of it, so we'll see how much the sheet metal shop will charge me.

Told ya you could sell those puppies! Keep me up top of that list...

deke and your XJ switch panel

Put me on the list deke. It looks like a winner.

I got one from Deke, we are both doing them up Saturday so we will have finished pics. I am using some of the holes for indicator lights for when switches are on to let me know I think.

Abugarcia said:
I really like the switch panel, but I don't have any use for half that many switches.

there is always uses for switches. if not you can always just pop a 1/2 plug in them till ya need it.

Trevorxj said:
Reminds me of what I did about a year ago.

fc98572a.jpg

huston control this is atlantis

roger go ahead

so you want me to flip breaker number 987543-B and then cycle breaker 34532

roger

GOD DAMN thats a lotta switches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back