• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'97 1-2" lift

Jeff-97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
My XJ is a 97,AW-4,4.0L,231J,8.25rear.

I am running 30x9.5 GoodYear MT/R on 8" Canyon wheels.

My rig is a daily driver and probably will always remain so.

Springs are sagged so I want to replace springs and shocks to make a little more off-road ready. I only want 1-2" of lift.

I want to know what is recommended to make a nice daily driver and a little more trail ready vehicle out of my rig.

I have read that people are happy with Old Man Emu and RubiconExpress lifts.

I do not wish to go the add a leaf route as my rear springs are really shot and don't want them to be the foundation for add a leafs.

The street ride is 99.9% of my mileage so it comes first.

Any recomendations?

Thanks-

Jeff-97XJ

1- Spacer up front and new upcountry spring packs with a 1 inch lift shackle or block
2- a 2.5" AAL it will help pick up some of the slack of the old springs and prob give ya the 2 inches you want.
3- go to local JY try to find a low mileage xj that doesnt' have tons of crap inside of it and get the springs of it and go with a lift shackle or block.

Definately a spacer up front. The OME rears are supposed to be good but I've heard they aren't cheap. A new set of Up-Country leafs with or without a small block wouldn't be a bad idea. I don't like the idea of longer shackles without a SYE because it messes with the driveshaft angles which can be problematic on the '97s with the 8.25 axle.
mattk

Back