• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Beef em up

climbon

NAXJA Forum User
Already looked into search and didn't find what I needed. Broke my upper right shock mount yesterday wheeling down in Moab, this is twice. Question: What are my options to strengthen the upper and lower mounts in the back. (if possible pictures help alot) I have a 5" lift with 32x11.5's and if I do extend my bump stops will this reduce the flex I so dearly love? and yes I am sure this is part of the problem Thanks

If you are ripping off your mounts due to the shocks bottoming out, nothing will help. Somthing has to give. beaf up the mounts and next time it could be the shocks.
If you set your bumpstops with your full compressed shock, how are you losing flex?
Rensing

Does anyone have more info on that shock hoop? It looks like soething that could be fabbed with ease.

How did you break your shock mount. too much compression pushed the fully compressed shock through, or and over extended shock pull through the mount downwards? We need to know this before we can guess as to what is causing it.

well, if your bottoming out your shocks, then the hoop would help. It would allow you to run long shocks, and thus you wouldn't bottom them out. I wish I had a digital camera. I could snap a pic of my setup. I run the hoop and I don't even come close to extending them or collapsing them all the way. And I even run Revolovers in the rear. I still don't bottom out or over extend the shocks. Pretty simple design. The hoop bolts up to the holes for the rear sway bar, and it also bolts up to the center seatbelt bolts. Pretty slick design.

just a little heads up for you guys. for the past few weeks I have been working on a shock hoop design. last month I did a advanced adapters SYE and raised the lower shock mounts. but we all know what happens when you do that. so I made a shock hoop for the thing. I am just working out a few more details on it. Cross has the market cornered at $175 because nobody else is making them. I think that that is too much money.
a few key points, stock exaust must be modified, bumpstops will be extended 2" upper mounts can be adjustable, and for the racers, dual shocks are possible.
check the vendor board, I will post there when I am ready to make these for everyone...
[email protected]:eyes: :yap:

Another option is to move your shock mounts on the axle. I moved mine up to be even with the axle tube and with 4in in the back I can runn stock shocks and under full compression and droop it dosent bottom out the shock in either direction. the mout also moved the shocks out board as well to the point where they are over the ubolt. I used 2x2 1/4 tubing cut inhalf and notched to clear the u-bolts. plus it get those dang rock grabers out of the way.

Back