• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's 2" Budget Boost??

pancake

NAXJA Forum User
So, I was wondering if this kit with a 1" transfer case drop would be pretty safe for not getting bad vibes? I was thinking 30" tires, and I don't want to re-gear the diffs...am I ok with this? My XJ has 3.55's with a Dana 35c/30 combo. I'm not planning on anything hardcore, but I don't know much about lifting. Would the poly spacers in the front be durable? Would they have to be replaced often? I have some sag in the rear, and that's the main reason I am considering the lift. Oh yeah...would I lose the rear swaybar?

My list...

-Rusty's 2" BB
-Rusty's crossmember w/1" TC drop
-Shocks (OEM length or do I need longer shocks now?)
-30x9.5x15" AT tires

Anything else I am missing?

btw...I've been searching this topic ever since I joined. :wierd:

I ran the 2" BB from Rusty with just a 2* shim and no issues...a Tcase drop would alleviate any symptoms that a shim did not cure, but wouldn't cure the problem.

TOZOVR said:
I ran the 2" BB from Rusty with just a 2* shim and no issues...a Tcase drop would alleviate any symptoms that a shim did not cure, but wouldn't cure the problem.

So would shims be better...or the TC drop? Or both?

I'm running 6.5" of lift with a 1" transfer case drop, stock slip yoke, and have no vibrations. :sunshine:

You don't need to shim with the budget boost, and may not even have to drop your transfer case.

Longer shocks wouldn't hurt, but probably won't be necessary unless you plan on disconnecting your sway bar when off road.
:us:

Our boy is rockin a '98 XJ...likely he'll run into the Vibe monster

I did remove my rear bar but it wasn't required

TOZOVR said:
Our boy is rockin a '98 XJ...likely he'll run into the Vibe monster

I did remove my rear bar but it wasn't required

I wonder if I could fabricate longer connecting arms (or buy some) for the rear swaybar and keep it. Like I said, nothing hardcore...just some trail stuff. My lady drives the Jeep also so I would like to keep the swaybar.

Thanks for the help guys...

btw, I'm buying new shocks anyway (mine have 140k miles) so throw out your ideas there also. If they need (or should) to be longer, this is the time.

Yeah can run the rear bar un modified

I have the NP242, AW4, and of course 4.0L if that changes anything.

Oops, I thought he was talking about lifting the Civic! :wierd:

(just kidding)[/QUOTE]

:looser:

J/K :wave:

I'd throw the lift on and see what happens, only 2" may not net you problems, however it might. I'd buy the case drop (or build it, you'll hate yourself once you see how simple it is after you buy it) and have it on hand 'in case' you need it. leave the sway bar stock. buy your shocks from rusty too, I run his shocks and really like them, he'll set you up with the proper length.

good luck
Dan

Im curently running 3" inches and 32's and have no vibrations. Stock transfer location and regular slip yoke. You should be fine with your setup without the transfer drop. You will also be able to clear 31's while retaining stock drive ability and stock wheels. Not much change in handeling ether.

Spc Stauffer Camp JC Iraq US ARMY

Back