• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

can this be done

asatxj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, is this a grevious error or not? I found a set of 5 alloy wheels off a broncoII that are 5 spoke FACTORY FORD wheels all for $100. Will I be committing a "anti jeep sin" by using them? I've heard of people using deer hoof wheels on their xj's but not these. Let me know, don't want to committ a fashion faux pas. BTW these are late 80's =early 90's

Have you test-fitted those wheels? The lug pattern is the same (5 on 4.5") but the center hole 'may' be too small to fit over the XJ/MJ axle flange. I can't confirm it for sure, but it's one potential snag to look out for.

The pattern is the same and the center hole is larger than the stock XJ's. If I remember right the offset isn't as much as the stock XJ wheels. 4"??

I might have owned a Bronco II at some point, but you can never prove it. :)

Lincoln

Well after replacing all 5 of wheel studs one week ago, I can say, for a fact, without a doubt, there is no way, no how, ever in your life, will those rims fit the XJ. Guy that tried for me, got the rim stuck on one side and forced it on with an impact. When I pulled the lugs off of the wobble wheel they all broke off and had to get towed home. The center of the rim will not clear the center of the axle unless you grind it out first.

Hmm, opposing thoughts.

I've also considered using the Ranger/BroncoII rims. I particularly like the Outlaw II style.

I'd like to see who has actually run these w/o problems

Ok, I'll check the fit out. There is an xj within 30 feet of this bronco so I'll tote one over there and see. I'll have a pic and info later this week.

I don't see how they can be smaller. Bronco II's have lockouts from the factory, the same ones Warn uses in their light duty kit. Most factory XJ wheels won't fit over those hubs properly, but the aftermarkets will. Hmmmm.

Let us know.

Back