• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cheep upgrade

maineiac

NAXJA Forum User
i was having trouble keeping my rear drive shaft in ,but i found the problem it was a broken lift block. anyways i went and got new bolts and straps for the rear yoke on my d35 . i was installing the drive shaft and i snaped a bolt off :mad: so i said screw this and took off the yoke and headed to the parts store, when i got thare i said i was tired of these bolts breaking so i wanted a u bolt type strap . we went through quite a few than we found one that i could make work:) when i got home i redrilled the screw holes to 5/16 holes and installed the straps . now i have 5/16 in u bolt straps with nuts and lock washers on them, no more tightening dainty bolts with a 1/4 drive and a 5/16 socket ,now i tighten it with a 1/2 in box wrench,. i am planning to do the front shaft tomorrow;) the napa number for the strap is 534-10 and they were 9.98 the strap and bolts were 17.99 at the dealer or 11.99 from quadratec and this is a much better set up:cool:

what's new? it's a common knowledge that u-bolts are better than straps. however not every yoke will work with u-bolts, some don't have enough space on the back for the nut.

Correct.

You had better make sure you have the room before you drill the holes out and fit them.

Bigger is not always better. I would much prefer to shear off the bolts than twist my driveshaft, u-joint, or pionion!!

Michael

I just bought some from pep Boys -- I think they were $6.99 each.

I looked at the Dana 35 pinion yoke pretty carefully, and it appears there's plenty of surface there for the nut and washer to bear on. Dunno how soon I'll actually try the install -- I have a couple of exhaust systems and some skid plates that get higher priority right now.

i didnt say it was new it wasnt even my idea it was someone on here that told me to upgrade i just figured i had the #'s and just did it so i would share it with u guys ;)

Back