• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Edelbrock IAS vs. Ome

97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm presently at stock height(considering BB so I can run 30's)...anyway does anyone have experience with both IAS and OME shocks...if so what were your impressions?
Thanks,

i have the ome3" with the zj springs up front. i havent figured out what the problem is with mine, but it seems to have a popping sound coming from the shocks. the directions were vague so i just tightened them down on the top mount with a little force. gonna go crank them down and see if it goes away. shocks work really well though. finally got to test them last week after having them on for a couple months and was really impressed.

OME suspension

I have an OME 3" lift (medium springs and firm shocks) on my 2000XJ, I really like it. A stiffer ride than stock,...yet not jarring or harsh. You DO NOT need to use POLY bushings on their springs if you decide to go that route. I can't recalled what I paid for their shocks...maybe $62/ea?....probably about the same as Edelbrock shocks? The OME 3" shocks are known for having very good (long) travel...good for articulation. If you are 2" or lower on your lift, you probably can stay with a stock lenght for shocks.

BLUTO :)

EdelBrock IAS

I have run the IAS shocks on my 98 before I put a lift on. They are great but pricey. If you want a set let me know. Mine only have 20K on them and I will let you have them for $150.00.

I ran IAS on my cherokee this past summer, the hardly last more than a month of hard wheeling with the 36s. Both my rear shocks broke and leaked all the fluid out, while one my front did. On road they were great shocks though.

Back