• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn Full Floater in XJ D44

THE_OWL

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone here run a full floater kit in their XJ D44 ? The one for TJ D44s. I just bought one that came with the disk brackets and 5 on 5.5". It was such a good price I couldnt pass it up.
I talked to Warn Tech (oxymoron) quite a few times and they cant seem to give me a straight answer. They tell me it wont work on XJ D44s because of the spindle offset :rolleyes: . So I asked him if that was the same if you were converting to Disc. He had no idea(this was the tech dept). So I called Tri-County and he seemed to think it would be a bolt-up.
Has anyone done this swap? anything I need to do or get extra?
The kit came with two sets of axles, caddy calipers, and CJ rotors.
thanks for any and all help
\\hoot
warn.jpg

For some reason the people at Warn have no clue in the way of any tech related advice. I have asked the same about their ff kits and if any of them will work with an XJ 44 and they seemed puzzled. If you do in fact figure something out, let me know.

what i can tell you is the xj44 and tj44 use the exact same axle shafts. the difference comes in the bearing/ shaft retainer, which is the plate that you bolt the shaft to the housing with. they are both 4 holed plates but the xj has a different pattern. i dont know how this plays in the FF kit, but I bet it could be the snag.

Hunter

I guess I wont know for sure till it shows up. Hoping someone has done this. Are you out there ?

Id post on the other boards but all I will get is
" :flip0ff:, Newb, dana44s suck. "
or
"I heard that my friends cousins brother in-law did one and it made his mirrors fall off"

NAXJA NAXJA NAXJA

Last edited:
My assumption is that you will either need to redrill the backing plate or the spindle because the bolt patterns will not match. After this is done everything else should be ok. I guess we'll see when you get it...

They have the XJ D44 listed, with a part number maybe you can give the Warn guys another try.

Its been discontinued because of the variants in "the brake something or other"

Got the kit. Will need a few new things. Gonna try and temp fit one side on Sunday.
Ill Let you know
\\hoot

Back