• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ rear seat

onetallmj

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody put a rear seat in the bed of an MJ?

I recently purchased a small bench seat complete with mounts and seatbelts attached, I think it came out of a van or large suv.
Its the kind that has the lever on the front bottem feet so its easy to install/remove.

Anyway I was gonna fab up some brackets below my bed and cut slots in the bed for the mounts to go through. Then get some roll bars made up for protection up top. I saw an article in one of those four wheelin magazines that was very similar, only they did it in the back of a Chevy truck.

BTW its for my two kids so small is ok

Comments?

roll bar is a good idea, to the frame not the bed. I also believe that in CA you must have the seatbelts bolted to the frame. double check with your local CHP and be prepared to get pulled over frequently as many cops won't realize you set it up right.

(I'll be doing this to my MJ before next summer)

I'm gonna do the same thing to my MJ this winter when I do the cage. I'm using the poly seats though, in MI climate the upholstry seats wouldn't last long. When you get done, post some pics!! Judd :D

Back