• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

homebrew adjustable TB,.?

BILLXJ

NAXJA Forum User
:rolleyes: thought that I would solict some advice and comments on a "home-brew" adjustable TB . I am thinking of fabricating a custom-made adjustable trackbar useing the stock TB and some type of high-strengh screw-in and welded machine fittings and was wondering what material items and concerns/issues would be involved.
-TIA

We need more specific info like where it is going to be located (stock, over the axle, other).

What is wrong with stock (length, strength, bad TRE, other).

??

Michael

After working and makeing repairs/adjustments(..inchitis..? )and frequent re-centering of the axle I am thinking towards the future and a possible commercial purchase of a adjustable TB or simply cutting the stock TB and possibly useing a machined threaded piece between the cut-out portion in the over the axle stock TB location-Has anyone done this modification with any success?
-TIA

i posted a question about this a few days ago.... i want to do something similar, but im having trouble finding the right coupling... i dont have a "threaded coupling store" store near me so im looking to get something made for, say a fullsize PU steering coupler... should be strong enough to handle the little XJs tracbar... ill post if i find something helpful....

CAT

yes,djmilo I now remember seeing an earlier post on this topic but what were some of the results/issues did you have with re-working the stock trackbar ?--TIA-
Will be waiting and hopeing to to hear of supply sources for threaded-machine couplings.
BILLXJ

Back