• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front end off center after 2" BB.....help

mike(nj)

NAXJA Forum User
Need your help again guys.......after installing the 31's I went to shim the steering stops so they wouldn't rub the LCA's. I ended up putting 3 washers on the passengers side and 1 on the drivers. Is this a problem? Do I need a adj. track bar?

I never did an alignment as it tracks pretty good.......will that fix it?

You don't absolutely need one after a 2" lift. The toe and caster can be aligned to specs with the axle offset a little. If that offset bothers you, then of course you can get one(ORGS offers a nice trackbar for the smaller lifts).
I would get it aligned even after the small lift. It may track nice and true, but why risk funny wear on a new set of tires?

The steering stop shims affect only the relationship between the steering knuckle and the axle. This is not affected in any way by lateral offset due to a lift. Sounds like your steering stops were not set symmetrically from the factory. No, this should not be a problem.

By moving the axle to the drivers side you "did" make it rub worse on the passenger side!You also put the CA's in more of a sideways bind.Either relocate your stock trackbar or buy an adjustable one!

Back