• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PowerAid whistle?

Louder

NAXJA Forum User
Last week I added a PowerAid throtle body spacer to my 2001 XJ. Since then, it whistles from about 2K and up.

Is this normal, or did I do something wrong?

Thanks,
Fred

as long as you put it in right side up, then its working like it should. mine whistles at around half throttle... makes me feel like a i have cherokee turbo :eek:

i ended up putting mine on backwards and upside down and the amount of whistle decreased. i think you just have to play with it.

Mine whistles, too.

Mine's installed correctly and whistles. I also have one on my 4.7L Durango and it whistles a little, too. It does sound like a turbo charger - sort of cool.

Where did you order it from? and can u feel the difference?

Louder said:
Last week I added a PowerAid throtle body spacer to my 2001 XJ. Since then, it whistles from about 2K and up.

Is this normal, or did I do something wrong?

Thanks,
Fred

small pederson said:
as long as you put it in right side up, then its working like it should. mine whistles at around half throttle... makes me feel like a i have cherokee turbo :eek:

I have one and it wistles too. After I bored it out to 62mm and bored the t-body to 60mm I havent really noticed the whistle anymore.

Funny story though, I was driving allong and this kid in a honda comes up next to me and I down shifted before a turn and it whistled and he turned and looked at me with the biggest set of dear caught in the headlights look. I think he thought that my lifted Jeep had a turbo:) I wish:D

AARON

Mine also whistles. Would prefer a turbo though. ;)

Re: Performance?

T.Hopp said:
Did you fellas notice any gains in throttle response etc....?

According to my finely tuned ass dyno there was an increase in mid range power. But then again ass dynos vary person to person to your results will vary:D

There was a post over in the Speed Freaks on JU about the gains from a T-body spacer. It was 3 to 5hp and 5lbs of torque. I cant remember exactly. The guy to talk to is Dr. Dyno over in the preformance page. He knows all when it comes to the Jeep 4.0L

AARON

Bought at Central 4WD.

I bought both of my TBS' at http://www.central4wd.com. They're a pretty good 4x4 shop in Sacramento, CA. I noticed power gains in the XJ a lot when I installed it after a Banks Torque Tube header. On my 4.7L Durango, I mostly noticed increased power at higher elevations (6,000+ feet) when it used to dog a little in the mountains.

Re: Re: Performance?

MrShoeBoy said:
There was a post over in the Speed Freaks on JU about the gains from a T-body spacer. It was 3 to 5hp and 5lbs of torque. I cant remember exactly. The guy to talk to is Dr. Dyno over in the preformance page. He knows all when it comes to the Jeep 4.0L
AARON

I also noticed a slight improvement in performance, nothing dramatic. The difference was most noticeable in 5th gear and I calculated that there was about a 3-5lbft gain in torque at low/medium rpm. I also gained nearly 1.0mpg.
I didn't have any whistling from my intake when I installed the TB spacer, but I did get a whistle when I replaced my modified airbox with my homebrew FIPK. It only occurs between about 1500-2500rpm on a light throttle and I don't mind it. It's turbo whistle without the turbo.

Back