• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My 5.5 lift is installed

h.curtis

NAXJA Forum User
Well, it is after 2:00am here in PA and I am kicking back from my long night. I am finished installing my RE 5.5 and it went pretty will up front. I already posted my install on the rear. The front went much smoother and I got this done in two nights. Not bad for the first time. I aligned it with an old time alignment set up and cruised down the road at 70, just to see how it road. It was very tight and much better than before. I took the t-case drop out and no problem with my SYE.

Installing the front was more involved, but I ran into no real problems. If there is one thing I would do different is that I would like to have all Bolt kits for the whole install. I hate reusing old stuff. When I restored my '60 vette I had all new and it was so much better.

Anyway I am done the phase I of this project and now it is time to do the rear end (d44) and gears. Then, tires.

So far I have been impressed with the RE. I is well built and went on pretty well. I like the trackbar much better than the stock one I had. The OME shocks and stabilizer could use all the hardware. I am a little dissapointed in the lack of hareware with these shocks. Even the stabilzer shock was not all there as far as I am concerned. They ride nice, but I can not recommend them due to what I stated.

If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I will get some before and after pictures up at some time. I need my 33's on there though.

Thanks for all the help here. You guys really helped a lot. Hope to see some of you on the trail sometime.
Curt

did your rear OME shocks come with Barpins?? Mine did not and I was a little pissed about it because they use some sort of off sized bushing and my JKS BPE's wont fit. I've already hastled someone into getting me some barpins for the rear.

I am REALLY glad to hear everything went so well with your lift. Congrats you did not loose your cool like I did on two seperate times.

lets see some pics!!

-Scott

Thanks all.

The OME didn't come with bar pins. I am waiting on them now. I had to pull old bar pins out of my last set of shocks which have over 100K on them and are not exactly in great shape and use them temperarely until they send me them.

The reason I was told that these don't come with bar pins is because they are actually ZJ shocks. They are using ZJ's because of the amount of travel. My rear bar pins have some slop in them and make a little noise. I will be happy to get the right stuff on there.

The lift is great so far. I will get some pictures up soon, but I don't like the way my little 31's are on there. I need to make a gear change before I go to 33's though. I don't think 3.07's would be very good for 33's.

Curt

Back