• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

re long arm, or not?

tighttrailxj

NAXJA Forum User
While the benefits of a long arm suspension are obvious, I know that the rubicon express 5.5 xjla kit is new to the market and am hesitant. I want to know if anyone has put this kit on and how the installation went. According to re, it is a bolt on and go kit, no sweat. Yeah, right??? :eek: :mad:

Last I heard the crossmember had to be welded on, but who knows? I haven't heard of anybody running it because RE hasn't actually come out with it. Do a search here, there have been 3 or 4 other threads on it already.

If you are lookin for a bolt on Long Arm. Rustys 6in is all bolt on. I talked with the man personally back in july at a jeep show. Its completely bolt on and and has everything and is 1600 clams. Thats my goal is to get his. :cool:

Rubicon products have been around for awhile now. They make great stuff and I would say their long arm kit is not going to be any different. Top quality. Don't know about the weld on. Full Traction has a long arm kit as well. Check out
www.dpgoffroad.com

As for Rusty's, I have his reg adj. control arms and some other stuff. I haven't had a problem with them. I do run RE coils and leafs. I just don't like the way his ties into the crossmember. And that is only because I have his crossmember and don't want to replace it. But that is just me. Juice

Alright, to my amazement I was told by rubicon express that their long arm kit was not going to be available untill "hopefully" the new year. They neglected to tell me this the other day. Strange how they can put a kit in their catalog and take money(orders) for something that they haven't even hammered out yet. They told me that they were still designing the cross member.
Thank you JUICE for pointing me towards the full traction kit. Looks like a full bolt on. I want to stick to bolt on kits bc I don't want my girlfriend driving around on my welding skills:angel: CRASH, DEAD. DPS told me that so far only dealers have gotten the kit but he should be able to get them now. Does anyone have any experience with this kit or the full traction products.

tighttrailxj said:
Alright, to my amazement I was told by rubicon express that their long arm kit was not going to be available untill "hopefully" the new year. They neglected to tell me this the other day. Strange how they can put a kit in their catalog and take money(orders) for something that they haven't even hammered out yet. They told me that they were still designing the cross member.
Thank you JUICE for pointing me towards the full traction kit. Looks like a full bolt on. I want to stick to bolt on kits bc I don't want my girlfriend driving around on my welding skills:angel: CRASH, DEAD. DPS told me that so far only dealers have gotten the kit but he should be able to get them now. Does anyone have any experience with this kit or the full traction products.

it was supposed to be out last spring originally. :( it's ok, i ordered CRS long arm kit instead. :)

That is the type of work you get if you order CRS long arms. The guy takes a bolt and welds it to the RE spherical joints. You can't even put this type of work up against any of the other companies.

Rob

booty fab

tighttrailxj said:
Does anyone have any experience with this kit or the full traction products.

No experience with their XJ products, but...
A friend of mine and I installed the Full-Traction 4" kit in his TJ. The install went smoothly. All of the components seemed to be of high quality.
The test drive went well. Suspension was supple and flexy. Very nice ride, on and off road.
Unfortunately, I have no long term reports, as he traded the TJ in on a WJ. He needed more room than the TJ could provide.

Back