• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where can I get a stroker crank?

ZmOz

NAXJA Forum User
I'm building a stroker, and I'm peicing together a "kit" myself. The part I'm having the most trouble finding is the 258 crank. Where is the cheapest place I can find a new or reconditioned one? Hasn't been any used around here that I could find...

Where is "here"? The 258 is also known as the 4.2L and has been used in AMC cars as well as Jeeps since the mid 1970s. Unless you live on Mars, I can't believe there aren't any used ones in your area. However, you might have to buy an engine to get one -- but if you find a junkyard in your area with some AMC cars, ask if any have a blown 258, and if so ask if you can buy just the crank.

If you want reconditioned, check all the chain parts houses -- Auto Zone, Pep Boys, Advance Auto, Checkers/Shucks, NAPA -- for a 4.2L crank kit. They all should have access to them.

You need to get a short block core. they are like 150-250, most places will not just sell the crank.

Call Brian Nutter at Wiseco Pistons in Ohio. They make the pistons for the Jeep Stoker Kit, he can probably tell you more about the crank.

Make sure to get one with the short snout, that is the one you will need for the serpintine belts, otherwise you will have to find someone to cut it down, if you go to yahoo groups and join the stroker list, you could find one real easy and fairly cheap. Plus you could get answers to any questions you might have or any you may run into

Back