• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fitting a Warn XD9000i in a ARB Bumper!

RHS

NAXJA Forum User
Need some help, I have a Warn XD9000i for my ARB. For the life of me I cant figure out the proper way to mount this. If I lay it back, it will not give me enough clearance to mount the bumper, right? Cant figure out how to mount it upright and still bolt it into the fairlead. HELP! I am sure I am not the first person to do this.

It will take special modification to the ARB to fit the XD9000i. I'm sure that it's been done before, and someone has to have pics.

As far as I know, the 9000i won't fit. The bumper is designed for the standard 9000. I do recall seeing a web page once where the guy cut the integrated solenoid pack off with a saw and then mounted the winch. You might be better off selling the i and getting a non i. Jeff

xjarbxdi.jpg

Thanks guys, after thinking it over and checking all my options, I have ordered a M8000 to go in the bumper. I will hang on to my XD9000i since I plan on building a TJ down the road. This XJ is going to be mainly my DD so I am sure that winch will work fine for the occasional stuck. Thanks again!

Back