• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snorkel question.

X

XJ-4-life

I'd really like to install a snorkel on my 96, are there any other companies other than ARB who make a good one? If I find a used one what years will fit mine? Thanks guys....:confused

XJ-4-life said:
I'd really like to install a snorkel on my 96, are there any other companies other than ARB who make a good one? If I find a used one what years will fit mine? Thanks guys....:confused

84-96 are the years

I think its airflow thats coming out with one, but it might already be out, maybe Dirk will chime in on that part

PS: 200 posts! yay!

Airflow are coming soon and will fit 84 to 01. See my site for more info.

Kensnorkel.jpg

I don't know the cost of the Air Flow but I have the ARB one, only 225 from Rusty's. The break for the years is 97 because of the body lines. You can get the ARB one pretty easy now so I would go for it. Great product. Once you install it, be ready for a lot of people coming up and ask what it is, Exhaust tube, Light, Parascope, you name it I have heard it. I tell them it's my x-ray vision. LOL. Juice

juicexj24 said:
I don't know the cost of the Air Flow but I have the ARB one, only 225 from Rusty's. The break for the years is 97 because of the body lines. You can get the ARB one pretty easy now so I would go for it. Great product. Once you install it, be ready for a lot of people coming up and ask what it is, Exhaust tube, Light, Parascope, you name it I have heard it. I tell them it's my x-ray vision. LOL. Juice

The break is 1995 and earlier...the washer bottle is in the fender well on the 96+ ;)

I think the airflow is a good idea, but I'm hearing (just rumor!) that they are not as high quality a unit...

I figured when I threw out the 97 it was earlier. My bad. I just think you can't go wrong with ARB products. Juice

If you do get a Sarfari, save yourself some time and don't bother with the washer fluid bottle that comes with it.... go pull one off a 95 or earlier and squeeze it in there... that's what I did....

Not quite true, on my 96 the washer bottle is in front of the passenger up against the firewall. Above everything. I dont have anything on the drivers side that would be in the way of a snorkel. Maybe they did different things during that year. ?
TOZOVR said:
The break is 1995 and earlier...the washer bottle is in the fender well on the 96+ ;)

I think the airflow is a good idea, but I'm hearing (just rumor!) that they are not as high quality a unit...

Well, then you guys should order the earlier Snorkel :)

I was merely stating the year break as decided by ARB LOL

Back