• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Failure :(

XJguy

NAXJA Forum User
It is with deepest regrets that I must inform that I will not be attending.

Due to my miscalculations I was unable to bring my disassembled and heavily modified XJ road worthy for a 3500 mile trip with my significant other.

This is truly saddening to me, as I have failed and have let myself and others down, most notably my GF who took the week off and worked extra hours this past week so that we can have this great vacation together that I have been talking about and made reservations for almost a year now.

Well I hope those that go have a great time and sorry that I was unable to attend and share your great company.

Most I can hope for now is to get a phone call telling me I won the XJ!

XJguy

Truely a bummer.

I was looking forwrd to meeting you, after being on lists with you since 1999 (I think).

OK, if you get the call - you have ot fly out and get it! ;)

bburge
from Moab

There are a number of us stuck on the East Coast this week for one reason or another. We will just have to commiserate here while the rest take in the big party.

Thanks fellas I too was hoping to finally meet everyone.

Yes I have two, one is completely in disassembled and in storage, the other is the one of been killing myself over the past two weeks.

XJguy

I didn't make it either... I gave up on Wednesday when I couldn't get the brakes together. Why don't you come up to North Adams, MA for the Columbus Day run in 2 weeks? That's my next deadline, anyway.

Sorry to hear this Rich.......you'll have to get your junk done and come out another time.......all I need is a few weeks notice and I'll meet you there.:)

Yeah, I thought I'd finally get to meet ya also. Been following the Warrior project since the Kendra days and thought we'd get to chat about it. There are quite a few of us here that can make it to Moab just about any time with enough notice so I hope to see ya out here sometime.

XJEEPER, why aren't you in Moab? I won't be out 'til Wednesday.

Me Too!

I think I'm giving up on making the trip also. I finally got the digital speedometer installed this Saturday, works nicely, and can be calibrated for any tire gear combo by pushing a button twice. But... still some issues with the wiring and I'm tired of pulling the dash out.
Mainly though I've still got too many issues with the driveline after the 241-J install, vibes, noise, gear noise. I was hoping to have something done by Wednesday so I could make a quick 2 day trip.
Unemployed and I still can't get there. :confused:
I really was looking forward to meeting people and actually four wheeling.
I did have the wife's WJ in 4-lo last weekend. Nice smooth ride. :)

Fred

Re: Me Too!

Fred said:
I think I'm giving up on making the trip also. I finally got the digital speedometer installed this Saturday, works nicely, and can be calibrated for any tire gear combo by pushing a button twice. But... still some issues with the wiring and I'm tired of pulling the dash out.
Mainly though I've still got too many issues with the driveline after the 241-J install, vibes, noise, gear noise. I was hoping to have something done by Wednesday so I could make a quick 2 day trip.

Fred

come awn man, cant let the sh!t talking about the coxjers never showin hold up! :D:D:D:D

Re: Me Too!

Fred said:

Fred

Damn Fred! Not you too! Maybe next year?
Later,

Joe

Why don't you guys drive what you have, even if it is a car and come out anyway. There will be PLENTY of people to ride with, you can mtn. bike, hike (great slot canyons too, not too difficult either), swim in the Colorado river, RENT A JEEP for a day or 2 from Farabee's, etc. Not all is lost.....compromise!!!

Ray
Backcountry Colorado

I was looking forward to finally meeting in person XJGuy....we go way back on these forums. I was sad to learn of the issues that prevent him from coming to Moab. And now Fred! Man, this just isn't right. Sorry to hear both of you won't be there. Maybe next year you guys can make it out to the Moab event. Even though it won't be an XJ anniversary deal, it's still the largest annual event for NAXJA.

Fred, it was good to see you the other week...too short of a visit. If I make it out that way again, let's do a trail or two.

Tom

Lawn Cher' said:
I didn't make it either... I gave up on Wednesday when I couldn't get the brakes together. Why don't you come up to North Adams, MA for the Columbus Day run in 2 weeks? That's my next deadline, anyway.

Two weeks?

Check your calendar, and get to work. Columbus Day is October 13th, so the Mohawk Trail weekend is this coming weekend.

come to think about it, I'll be doing some work thrusday morning at the slc. airport, could pick you up then.

Too kind brent, I thank you for the offer. But I have to also think of the female shes not so adventureous as me, has a hard time with radical plan changes...I finally got her to stop crying and throwing the guilt trip on me for this whole mess-up. We are just going to do those things that us New Yorkers are notoriously guilty of never doing, that is visit our own monuments and national treasures....never did get to visit the WTC, my loss. Only reason I ever went to the Empire State bldg was because a visiting cousin wanted to see it.

Have some fun for me...I'll be checking in to read all the daily reports.

XJguy

Back