• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need a lift!

JTBOSCO

NAXJA Member #426
I have a 98 XJ that needs (yes NEEDS) to be liftes.I am currently looking at the RE 5.5" and the Tompken 6" what do you think of these lifts,what others might I look into.I have about $2000 to spend right now,after the lift what is the next thing to spend the remainder of the money on.Any and all assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
James

I think the BEST thing to do is to get the Clayton long arm kit, the RE ZJ 4.5" front springs, and the RE 6" leaf pack. This will fit 35's, if properly clearanced, and you'll have good suspesion geometry to boot.

Then find a good rear axle (44, 8.8, toyota 8") and get yourself some 4.56's and lockers.

CRASH

a CV driveline and a SYE will help

i wouldnt buy a kit. Get Skyjaker rear leafs,either 6" or 8". Get Skyjacker front, 6" or 8". And I say skyjacker because they are one of the best riding coils and leafs available. Then do clayton long arms, gears,locker and maybe axle. I am running the 8" stuff , soon with clayton long arms, and gears and a locker. Do better than most out there. Have fun.

RE dosen't make a 6" leaf pack.

How about getting the RE 5.5" Extreme kit and have them delete the drop brackets, front shocks and control arms (about $675), buy the RE long arms from DPG Off Road and some longer front shocks. :wink:
Also, if you wanted to, delete the RE 1462 rear springs and upgrade to the Nationals. Like how we're spendin' your money? :mrgreen:

went by Rubicon Express today and found out they were selling long arms and upper adjustables on Sat for $300, man did I miss out. Rubicon will sell them also if they dont have a bunch of orders for the TJ kit. I agree with peicing it together with stuff you really want. Remember with that lift you will need some new tires and wheels for sure so factor that in also.

Rob

Back