• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hey Vintagespeed

Nik

NAXJA Forum User
Got a quick question for you. I saw that you have a 44 up front and are running 38's. I'm trying to choose between a 60 and 44 up front. I have 39's and was wondering if a 44 could handle them or not, I im guessing it would snap. I got a used 60 from a friend that wasn't in the greatest shap and ended up tearing a bunch of shit up inside.(most of it he had done) He had it on his F250 and tore it up pretty good. I 'm looking for something that will work and thought since you had a 44 up front you might let me know how it does. Also, the lowest I can get a front Ford 60 out here is $2100 since they are in such high demand from the offroad shops here, that from the junkyard too. Its stupid. 44 i can almost get for free, so that is why i am asking.

I had a 44 and sold it and am putting a 60 in now, I think Jim wishes he had held out for a 60 also :D and Dave is right, really close now :angel:

hey nik, I think that you should go for the 44. there are plenty of guys out there running 44's up front with 38's and bigger. start with a cheap 44 and then if you find its breaking go ctm's and alloys. If you do this you will still probably spend less than you would for a 60 in your area. If you are set on a 60 check out pirate4x4 and you can buy one somewhere else in the country for like a little over 1000 bucks and get it shipped to your house for less than the prices you were talking about.
-calvin

Yeah, like most of these guys said the D44 should hold up fine with some decent axleshafts. I dont plan on running mine without alloy shafts, or lots of spare D44 shafts. If you're not rock-crawling than the stock shafts will probably be ok but rocks will break them pretty easy.

Richard Burrow - catch me if you can.
Dave T. - bah, Burrow beat me? Never.

And yes, I should've found a D60 front. Too impatient I guess but for what I paid for the 44 I could've probably found a 60 for.

Oh well, if I didn't break on the trail these guys wouldn't have any fun.

:D

Back