• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCA Bushings.......

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
talked with you a while back when you were still working on your long arms about the sleeves for the OEM rubber bushings at the axle end of the long arms.
I am finally ready to start building mine and was wondering what you finally ended up using. If I remember correctly, you had to order the tube from somewhere in California.
Can you give me the tubing specs. ? And finally, did you end up having to machine a lip on the inside for the step in the bushing?
I just found out my neighboor has a lathe so...

One other question, I will be pretty much be running the exact same lift combination as you RE 1345 & 1462's with a 1" spacer and shackle. (forgive me if I'm a bit off)
I was wondering what you have done with your steering and how it's working out for you. I'd really like to go over the knuckle but I just bought a new RE H.D. track bar and bracket. I don't really want to cut it up. And I'll be so tired of fabricating when I finish the long arms, that I don't feel like cutting all the necessary stuff off the axle and fabbing a new track bar mount on top etc. right now. (But I will wait and do it that way the first time if I really need to)

Thanks, sorry so long!

Dave Tucker

I ended up getting it from Modesto Steel.It is 2 5/8" x .188"wall. Yes,I did end up machining the ends tp give about .005" of press-fit!As far as steering goes Im still running stock,no problems so far but Im looking at options also(Im replacing my LP D30 after I get done with the D44).Then I'll look into relocating the Track-bar and redoing the steering!

That's just what I needed, thanks! Perhaps I will be able to run my stock steering for a little while after I get the lift done to let my bank account recoop and get up the energy to do some more fabbin.
I am trying to get everything together before I start. I've got my front and rear springs, track bar and bracket, and slip yoke eliminator. The wifes' already givin me the evil eye. I still have to get a driveshaft, tires, and finish the longarms!

But it'll ride soooo nice when it's done, and handle soooo much better on the trail, Yes dear, sorry dear....... He,he

Back