• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift ?

DARKFLY

NAXJA Forum User
looking at about a 3.5 lift with a trans drop. do i need to change the drive line or will it be ok. it's not realy used off road.

If it is for the 89xj it should not be a problem. I would not install the transfer case drop either.

Just the lift.
Michael

of course its for the xj. why not trans drop.

pre 96 xj's tend to be vibe-less until around +4" and some even run 7" lift's w/no sye....few and far between.

a tranny drop is a band-aid fix. run your lift without one and save g-clearance. then if/when you decide to lift higher do it right with a SYE...

my $.02

-gabriel

sye ?

I have a 4" lift on my '96. I had to drop my transfer case because of drive line vibration and noise. I dropped it and it has given me no problems for over 100K miles. Do the lift first and take it for a ride. If you have no noise or vibrations then don't drop it. If it does then you drop it.

Enjoy,
Curt

how about a 7" downey lift for the toy :D jk thanks for your info

well i could fit 44's with a little trimming but i don't really want to trim the frnders.

Back