• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ideas for light cube swivel

Treleaven

NAXJA Forum User
The Jeep is transforming into a expedition rig for our trip across Canada and the US.

With that being said I am adding a lot of lights for the nights we are out in the BC back country and want to see.

I have a roof basket with a 20" light bar, and I want to put 4 4" cubes(one in each corner of the basket).

I would like to be able to move them around at will and I am trying to figure out a way to make a swivel mount for the base and a way for the mounting bracket to move up and down without having to get the tools out.

Does anyone have any ideas or should I be buying lights that are specifically meant for this.

These are the ones I got. They do turn up and down. I am wondering if I use some rubber washers to inable some rotation.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01M98GWR2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Those brackets don't look like they are going to like moving, if they're tightened up enough to keep them from unintentionally moving. I'd try looking more for a two axis mount, that has a single screw/bolt on each side, for each plane. Easier to swivel.

David Bricker / SYR

P.S. I've been to your neck of the woods - pretty area!

Back