• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air locker choice

jeeptec

NAXJA Forum User
So my selectable locker choice for 8 1/4 is very limited as we know. I've been looking at both the tried and true ARB air locker and the OX air actuated locker. Both seem to be about the same price point. OX looks a little simpler in installing but has that air actuator sticking out of the locker cover. All the reviews I find seem to be the ARB air vs OX cable actuated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't recall Ox making a air locker?

I see it now, but I would have concerns over the "cover" entry to! But, my ARB has been maintenance free now for about 15yrs!

Last edited:
...my ARB has been maintenance free now for about 15yrs!

And mine have both been a PITA. Neither are an 8-1/4, though.

I've had ARBs on all of my rigs and nearly all the competition crawlers and racers I've built or worked on, probably several dozen total. All the problems I've ever experienced were due either to poor installation, or outright abuse in the competition environment. I would never hesitate to recommend them to someone.

The OX I have much less direct experience with, but the experiences I have had were mainly with owners bitching about them.

Back