• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 Cherokee won't start when hot

Jeepgurl37921

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all! I have a 96 Cherokee and drive it daily about 5 miles to and from work with I problems. I decided to finally take it on the trails a few months back and about two miles into the trail it died. After a little troubleshooting determined that the ignition. Cool had no spark so replaced it. Continued driving it to work the. Two weeks ago hit the trails again and about a mile In the Jeep stalled and would not start. Thought well crap defective ignition coil? Replaced it again and Jeep started right up. So once again drove back and forth to work no issues. Thursday getting ready to head to Jeepfest and drove Jeep to run errands around town maybe 10 miles with multiple stops and the damn thing didn't start. Let sit for the long weekend came home damn thing started right up. Asked a few buddies what possible issues could be so changed out rotor button, pick up plate and distributor cap. Started up fine drive to work but left running 10 minutes in the driveway turned it off and sure as heck the thing won't start. I am at a loss and not sure where to go from here. Anyone else have this issue? Or any suggestions? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do a search about heat soak.

Back