• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What vehicles use 10" or 11" electric cooling fan?

Knkn90

NAXJA Forum User
I will like to know what cars use 10" or 11" fans from factory so I can go to my local junkyard and buy 2 for cheap and use them in my Cherokee

Even better will be a pair of shrouded fans

Thanks!

Let me guess, you're wanting to do away with the stock mechanical fan and go all electric?

If so you should stop right now, as that plan is a fail in the making. Even the best aftermarket performance fans of that size don't move even a fraction of the amount of air that the stock mechanical fan does. You will be at a big net loss in cooling power.

Pretty much what he said, I have wasted over $800 attempting this and always gone back to mechanical.

IDK if that's the best advice.
There are quad fan radiator set-ups available, there pricey and would require a upgraded alternator and maybe dual batteries to run properly(that's just my 2cent).
Try using the existing e-fan, or add one. Use a adjustable fan thermostat to turn the fan on when the engine thermostat opens.
I'm using a fan thermostat w/ the probe "t'd" into the engine thermostat housing set to turn on when the engine thermostat opens.
You'll need more than two electric fans to cool a high mileage xj though.
And make it run well below 210, although it suppose to run at 210 hmmmmmm

Stock mechanical fan on my rig pulled 6800 CFM.

Best 11" electric is 1300 CFM and is $105.

Figure out how to fit 5 of those next to the stock e-fan and then we'll talk about it working. But if you're starting with anything other than the worlds coldest running engine that never sees a load, it will not work the way you hope.

I don't know why, that made me laugh out loud.

I needed that. Its been a long day.

Back