• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 1600 track Bar with RE 1665 Bracket

A15ltzz

NAXJA Forum User
Quite some time ago there was a thread about whether or not you could use the 1600 (not the 1660) track bar with the 1665 bracket. Someone mentioned that they used that track bar with a Johnny Joint CE-9112SPL rod end and it worked. Anyone have any pictures with that setup on their XJ?

Thanks for any help!:skull1:

the mounting width of their bracket should be 2 inches (the same as a 3/4 and 7/8 heim with misalignment spacers, I cant remember what the RE track bar uses). I had it and used it with the 1600 bar just fine. as for replacing the heim with a JJ, that's preference. you can use anything you want with the right thread and 2" mounting width.

yes, the mounting width is 2". like VA said, its the same width as a 3/4" and 7/8" heim with spacers. i am using a 3/4" heim in mine but had to drill out the bolt hole in the bracket to 5/8" to match the misalignment spacers in the heim.

Back