• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Starting my build

foreman05

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, after getting my xj road worthy its time to start building it up. I will be running 31x10.5's and am looking for a 3 inch lift. Ive been trying to look around at all the big companies but i want to run bilstein or ome shocks and all the companies seem to include their white shocks and i think that a waste of cash. So i was thinking about piecing together an ome lift mainly because the front springs and rear leaf pack cost the same as other companies but from what ive read are a better product.
these are the companies im comparing for prices
BDS
Rubicon express
Iron rock
Rustys
OME
Rough country

All these companies include more parts than ome but also include there junk shocks.
Thoughts?

I'd say no to Rustys, or RC. I have a RE kit but I'm not a fan of it. I like IRO but a lot of people don't like the caster adjustment on their Critical path, but I think otherwise for the rpice they make a decent lift. I have a few of their things and have always been happy. BDS makes decent parts but never ran them myself, I know a lot of people like their Long arm kit, but it's stupid expensive. OME is a great kit all around, I would just get OME and be done.

I keep going around to all the sites, it seems like its a better deal to buy a kit and then resell the shocks that come with the kit. I guess at the end of the day i just need leafs, springs and shocks and i can put the control arms, trackbar, steering stabilizer and swaybar discos on later.

Back