• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vibration while accelerating

renled321

NAXJA Forum User
Hey folks, I just lifted my first Jeep an I'm getting vibration but only when accelerating. Everything was smooth till I took her out in the woods. I wheeled it for a bit, nothing too crazy. Headed home and once I hit the pavement I noticed it. Any ideas?

Things to check:
Transmission mount
Motor mount
Lug Nuts
Drive Shaft U-joints
Bent Driveshaft.
Loose spring plates
Busted shock on one side
Possible belt separation on rear tire

Just gave her a good power washing. Still there. I've got a tranny mount on the way. Gonna swap it out this afternoon. I guess it's time to start narrowing things down.

How much did you lift it? Did you install a TC cross member drop kit? Is the rear driveshaft to far out on the splines of the TC? That's a common cause of highway speed vibes on a lifted XJ.

It's a 4.5" Clayton long arm kit.
AA SYE
Tom Woods DS
Clayton track bar and mount
New leaf packs from Clayton
LII leaf sliders
Currie steering
Brand new BFG A/T KO2
Alignment done half hour after wrapping up the install. Retightened everything the day after I took her wheeling. Axle u-joints were done about 3-4 months ago

Did you adjust the proper front and rear driveshaft angles?
You have an SYE, for the rear but were the proper axle shims installed.
There is a lot information about this on the site if you use the search function.

The front axle pinion angle should to be set to 1 degree or less, do this with the caster adjustment.
If you have a LP D30, it is near impossible to get it right if lifted 4" or more. In that case, the pinion angle is more important.

I got rear axle shims when I got the kit. The front's a HP. Just swapped out the tranny mount. Still no good.

Back