• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

91 window fix?

lorax81

NAXJA Forum User
So I have done a ton of searching on several different forums and YouTube and Google and I keep coming up with fixes for late model xjs. Can anyone point me in a direction off a write up to solve my window problem.

The issue is I can't control the passenger side Windows both front and back from the gang switch. Passenger front works from its switch, rear passenger doesn't work at the switch but does work when hot wired switch has continuity when pressed and none when not so switch is fine.

Also a write up on power door lock fix I found one again on late model but none on older xjs.

Thanks. J

So I have 14 volts coming to the rear passenger switch by only 3 coming out? I have cleaned, tested and replaced withwith the one from the other door. I have also cleaned tested and replaced the harness between switch and motor still 3 volts. Passenger door reads 14in14out and functions this way with components from the other door....HEP MEH please

J

I wish I could post pictures of this fiasco so some poor sob doesn't have to go through this....

So I completely pulled out the door harness out of the 91 and pulled one out of a 90 I have from my last rebuild. No surprise the weather packs are different so more cutting and splicing.....however the 90 harness has some signs of age and I need the WPs from the 91....jeeps are awesome

So I have visually traced the wires from door switch to power source. Clean and greased all connections, replaced and or solder spliced any bad spots. I have tested all wires everything is as it should. Still I can't roll the rear passenger window from its switch it works from the gang switch on the drivers door, when I hit the switch on the rear door the volts at the switch drop drop 12 to 6.

Bout to light a match and walk away

Back