• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP231 UPGRADES?

Crfrider

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking into beefing up the 231 but I am unsure if I can run a wide chain etc from a 231c my dilemma is I plan to run the 241 input gear so I have a 32 spline input that can bolt up to the 4l80 I will be using in my ls swap on my Cherokee. figured id throw some small upgrades if I am popping open the case to adapt it to the 4l80e. so I have herd I can do a 6 gear planetary but I think that's about it if I am using the 241 input gear atm. late model 231i planned to use out of a 99 cherokee

!!!1

Not sure if it's really worth spending extra cash on a 231 when in the end you still only have a 231 with stock weak cases ect. I would go with a 241 rocktrac, Dana 300 or atlas

Not sure if it's really worth spending extra cash on a 231 when in the end you still only have a 231 with stock weak cases ect. I would go with a 241 rocktrac, Dana 300 or atlas

yea I don't plan on keeping it to be honest the 241c out put shaft to convert it will run me like 60$ and this should fit in my 231j and the planetary is like 90$ just trying to figure if its worth it or should I just slap in the shaft and slap it back together. just figured 200$ on a new chain while its apart and bigger planetary might be worth it till I get a nice t case its either just a built d300 or I might jump for the full atlas lol. but budget right now cant let me do the case while im doing the motor swap.

Last edited:
Back