• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

adjusting brakes??

tlrxj11

NAXJA Forum User
so i just put a ford 1ton axle under the rear end, the old brakes were shot so i bought this disk brake conversion kit. i had problems with getting the right parts cause i bought dana 60 stuff but it was a sterling axle. beside the point, i got it all together with the right parts now. the calipers that came with it were from an eldorado or something that has e brakes. the right side seems to always be in contact with the disk, maybe too much cause that side doesnt move when i jacked it up in the air and put it in drive unless i give it gas. the other side needs about two or three pumps from the pedal to start working, and theres a lot of space in between the pads and disk for movement until then, i dont think the caliper is producing any pressure until i pump the pedal. ive tried bleeding the system multiple times to no improvement. is there any way to adjust the calipers to fix these two problems?? i know this probably isnt a common problem but any help is greatly appreciated!

Back