• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hooligan off-road frame stiffeners

levi11

NAXJA Forum User
35b66778198794bd8669ff2274078c1b.jpg
2e050c02a0ec1c321689681c7782f4bd.jpg
d101db6ff6224aa6bc729c99c9d829a6.jpg
f4deabd4a930f01c937d54dbb30ba75d.jpg
057aecddc397803aae10d05e16b0c5fa.jpg
cf0f2cb3362c2d0375b7af42dbc52b01.jpg

Hooligan Off Road has created a high quality stiffener for your XJ!! CNC cut and press broken in house out of 3/16" steel. With the new wrap around design these stiffeners are the strongest on the market. They require welding by a qualified welder to install. In most cases you will need longer bolts and studs for the crossmember. Shipped in raw steel form ready for welding. They cover from behind the LCA mount all the way back to the forward leaf spring perch. Rosette holes are not needed and no reason for existing frame hole cut outs.

With the new wrap around design these stiffeners are the strongest on the market.

Rosette holes are not needed and no reason for existing frame hole cut outs.

I don't agree with either of these statements. That additional inner wrap around does nothing but create a stress riser.

Weld surface area is extremely important with an application such as this. Not the total surface area of the welds, but the amount of spread between them. This is why I wouldn't use any stiffener without plug weld holes.

Good try I guess.

Their customer base obviously doesnt feel they are needed. So the way i see it, youve got two choices;
1) drill your own.
2) cry about it.

It really is a shame people cry so damn much these days.

3) buy somebody else
That

Their customer base obviously doesnt feel they are needed. So the way i see it, youve got two choices;
1) drill your own.
2) cry about it.

It really is a shame people cry so damn much these days.

so asking some questions is crying about it?

Maybe we just want to know why the decision was made to omit them.
I think it's a bad idea. Lots of stress on a single area of the unibody sheetmetal.
Only a matter of time before that line of welds starts to tear.

but whatever, it's not my junk.

I'm not going to waste my time drilling holes in a set of stiffeners when I could buy a set that are made with them for basically the same price. Unless you just have to have the brass knuckle logo.

Some people like to use the factory pockets for tie down points on a trailer, or if your junk ever has to be loaded on a wrecker they are handy. My HD Offroad stiffeners don't have the cutouts either, but I wish they did.

I'm not going to waste my time drilling holes in a set of stiffeners when I could buy a set that are made with them for basically the same price. Unless you just have to have the brass knuckle logo.

Some people like to use the factory pockets for tie down points on a trailer, or if your junk ever has to be loaded on a wrecker they are handy. My HD Offroad stiffeners don't have the cutouts either, but I wish they did.

After reading the specs on Josh's Website the stiffeners he offers are a bot thicker at 3/16th and wrap both sides of the unirail ...they are only $99 right now as well ...I have the HD stiffeners full set ...If Josh was in business in 2010 I may have bought his centers and HD ends because full wrap is a bit better than just one side ... I'd say both are good products and will save you a few hours on making them yourself ...I'm currently adding in the missing sides the HD offroads did not have to better tie into my cage and subframe .

Last edited:
...they are only $99 right now as well ...

I'd say both are good products and will save you a few hours on making them yourself ...
Thanks for the heads-up, cash-and-carry was good to me! :)

Such as it is, I already own a good selection of split-point drill bits, and a little plasma cutter. I'll be thinking about the comments already posted, and dreaming of that big-arse press brake and plasma table I saw tonight. :looney:

Thanks for the heads-up, cash-and-carry was good to me! :)

Such as it is, I already own a good selection of split-point drill bits, and a little plasma cutter. I'll be thinking about the comments already posted, and dreaming of that big-arse press brake and plasma table I saw tonight. :looney:

Pitbull has some sweet equipment in the shop .

****. Wish these were out a few months ago.

I went with ruff stuff ones. Holy ****!! Pain in my ass

You can't go wrong with that decision!, you should also think about getting front and rear ones(especially hanging "real" axles under your rig).

Back