• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 44 advise

Hunted

NAXJA Forum User
So I have done the search option and read several, well a lot of pages of other threads but couldn't find anything that im looking for. So here it is. Im looking at a g2 dana 44 front axel swap. I don't have the time or tools to do a rebuild on a pulled one from a junk yard. Im looking for opinions on them are they worth it as in quality wise? And I have a 5.5 inch IRO long arm lift kit am I going to have to rebuild the lift to fit the dana 44?. Any advice would be appreciated.

A buddy and i put a g2 dana 44 front in his tj. Was pretty much bolt in except he needed a shorter drive shaft. But should be good as far as lift goes unless your lift doesnt use stock brackets

From what I've heard the control arm mounts are the same but the coil pads need to be changed.

i dont really see what you are looking at? i think the OP is talking about the G2 bolt in axles which was pretty much bolt in on the tj. not a JK axle. should still be pretty much bolt in on the xj, except the drivshaft.

Back