• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trying to level out front w/ back

TXTrailHawk

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 XJ 4.0L. I installed a RE 4.5 Super Flex coil lift, ARB front bumper with winch, and Smittybilt rear bumper/tire carrier. The front sits about an inch lower in the front.

When wheeling, the tires will rub the front bumper and take small chunks out of the tires. I have read this is a common problem with the ARB bumper. I hate the idea of chopping off the ends of that expensive bumper so I was thinking of adding a 1 inch coil spacer to bring the front level with the rear. Has anyone done this? Think it would fix the rubbing issue?

Thanks for the help!

It will not help, tire will still go into the same spot under compression. You either need to cut or bumpstop it

Thanks for the help. That makes since. I just looked and it looks like my stock bump stops fell out (They are pretty warn out anyway). Think Im going to buy some extended bumpstops and then see what happens.

Measure each side compressed to see how long you need the bumpstops to be before buying.

If you want to even out the lift, pick up a set of ACOS. A quick google search will explain, if you do not already know.
And, measure from coil bucket to upper bumpstop location, subtract 1-1.5" Pick up some prothane coil inserts about the length and install. if there is "too much bump", cut off a ring.

A cheaper way to get by for now is to pick up some stock coil cushions from p/a/part and stack one or two for now! I ran 3 for a few years! They sit well inside each other! You can also consider moving/ spacing bumper forward or if you have adjustable arms turn them in. No matter what you do at some time if you wheel seriously you will kiss the bumper with your tire unless you trim it!

Back