• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Control arms, and drop brackets

LikableGibbon0

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 92 xj with about 5" lift, have the rusties bent lower control arms and the factory upper control arms. I'm looking into a set of control arm drop brackets and adjustable uper control arms, just wondering if anyone has run the bent lower control arms with the drop brackets and how well it works?

I have a 92 xj with about 5" lift, have the rusties bent lower control arms and the factory upper control arms. I'm looking into a set of control arm drop brackets and adjustable uper control arms, just wondering if anyone has run the bent lower control arms with the drop brackets and how well it works?

Bent or straight, either type of LCA should work with dropped brackets.
The bend is there only for clearance.
At 5" of lift, it's time to upgrade the UCAs.

At 5.5" of lift, my RE CA drop brackets work great. The pavement ride is much smoother due to improved CA geometry, and the off-road flex is pretty good. At least one set of the CA should be adjustable.

medium800.jpg

I know, I'm looking at metalcloak adjustable uper control arms with their duraflex joint. Any experience with this?
Not on an XJ but friends with TJs run them and like the smoother ride than others with nearly solid joints like JJs and RE joints.
Having rubber in the CAs does absorb vibrations better than solid joints, a consideration if your XJ is a DD. Rubber has a bigger effect in the LCAs.

If you get them, let us know what you think after a few months experience.

I run Rokmen adjustable upper and lower arms, with RC drop brackets that are welded to the frame. I have been very happy with them. they use quite large Johnny Joints at all points except the upper axle side, which is rubber.

David Bricker / SYR

I ran the rancho curved arms at first but did not have enough caster. The rancho arms were stock length. I went back to my Synergy suspension straight arms that 1/4 inch longer than stock and put my caster closer to stock . the ride with the drop brackets equals the ride quality of the long arm system I had on another XJ .

Back