• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TC Drop Removal Question

jls095

NAXJA Forum User
All,

I'm installing a SYE this weekend and want to remove my TC drop. Is it safe to put a jack under the transmission pan to support the trans and TC while I remove the crossmember and take the drop blocks off? Seems trivial, but don't want to dent or damage the transmission pan.

yes, but use a wide piece of wood between the pan and jack to disperse the weight

yes, but use a wide piece of wood between the pan and jack to disperse the weight

Yup. I use a 4x4 long enough to go across the width of the pan.

When removing the TC drop, make note of the transfer case linkage as it too may have been dropped with some extra hardware, and what it can do to your exhaust because the exhaust hanger at the transmission will move up as well.

I don't understand, do you have some drop blocks that are somehow tied to a need to disconnect the cross member from the transmission mount? If you have the common blocks between the unibody and cross member, just put the jack under the cross member, remove the cross member bolts, lower the jack and cross member, pull out the blocks, raise the jack, and screw the cross member back to the unibody.

Andy

Back