• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another death wobble question....FML

smokeyyank

NAXJA Forum User
So I've read, I've swapped parts and I still have issues with this f'n death wobble. Background info: 93 XJ, 4.0, ford 8.8, 4.11 gears, LSD front and back, 33's, 3.5 RE lift. I basically just replaced ALL of the power steering, did the durango box, WJ pump, new hoses, new IRO tie rod, new MOOG TRE, new steering stablizer, new drag link, IRO spacer, IRO double shear trackbar and was had a shop do the alignment. At first it had issues going 50-55 MPH but I could power through it, swapped tie rod, and the rest of those components but didn't really help. Put new tires went away, then a few weeks later was back this time was at about 45 MPH (Probably the same speed because of the bigger tire size and gear ratio) and I could power through it. About a month ago I swapped in the new pump and gear box again went away and now this is where I'm lost. It will only do the XJ shimmy when I'm doing 45 MPH and turning right. I can't power through it and it shakes wicked hard. I either have to slow down or turn just enough left to make it go away, sometimes I have to almost come to a complete stop. If I turn left at 45 MPH no problem, if I go more than or less than 45 MPH no problem. It will only happen when I turn the wheel slight right at 45 MPH. So If my hands are at 10/2 O'clock once I get to 11-12/3-4 o'clock it has problems. I've gotten under shook the bejebus out of everything nothing is really loose. The steering stabilizer was a little loose but not loose enough that I would think it would cause an issue. I'm going to crawl under this weekend and torque everything back down. The only other thing I can think of will be swapping out the CA bushings. Anyone got an input? Thanks

Thanks for the reply XJLI, yeah I haven't been over impressed with RE, but it was on when I bought it. I really want to swap out the entire lift but than it's more money. Maybe I will venture over to rockauto and get new UCA's and try to find some replacement bushing for the lowers.

Figured I would post an update. Got under the Heep this weekend and checked every bolt I could. Come to find out that two of the track bar bolts on the bottom where pretty darn loose. They where tight by hand but once I took a wrench to them it was obvious they weren't tight at all. So problem mostly fixed still has a slight vibration but not near the epileptic shakes it had before.

That I don't know off the top of my head. I would probably have to look at the sheet from the alignment.

Back