• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

building your own trac-bar?

hpi_jeep

NAXJA Forum User
since the stock trac bar uses a TRE at one end it's time for a replacement. i was wondering if it would be possible to build my own. i was thinking about using 2 heim joints and only bending the rod sort of like this: _/‾ . is there a reason the stock bar has so many bends in it? i know i would have to build a different mounting bracket and i would also make this adjustable to some degree.

anyone have any ideas?

TIA, im trying not to post dumb shit even though im a newb :D

I built mine today using the RE sphrical ball joints on each end, I coppied the bends from my old RE HD tracbar and added the length in the areas I needed it, I used 1 1/2" .255 DOM
1192193-P9250261.jpg

isnt it a straight shot from the stock mount to the axle?
hard to explain what im asking, but what im asking is if your bar laid flat on the ground instead of being raised after the joint on the right, it would still work am i correct?

other then that, that is the exact thing i had in mind

TIA

I think it would depend on the posistion forward or backward of your axle as to weather your mounts would line up enough to avoid using up some of the flex your joint has. If it is maxed or close to maxed on its movement then you would gain nothing

Back