• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Undercarriage: What goes in these holes?

Crist Clapper

NAXJA Forum User
Undercarriage: What goes in these holes?

Slide1.png

Slide2.png

Drivers side holes and corresponding ones on the passenger side is for the OEM front skid plate.

Not sure about the others on the passenger's side.

Headed out to the garage shortly to check-out the helpful information... Stay tuned! :wave:

Skid-plate.

Skid-plate confirmed. If anyone know of one available... Please let me know! It appears they are part numbers: 82200613 & 82200616

I have one ... its sitting on the garage floor.

Thats where your trackbar brace bolts up to.... or the european version of you's trackbar brace goes.

Am I missing a "trackbar"?

:eek: New? Used? Photos? :photo:

If you have any sort of lift kit installed the stock front skid plate is worthless. Check with your local wrecking yard of you want one that bad.

The track bar mount holes on the passenger side are for right hand drive vehicles. Don't worry about them. Many aftermarket track bar brackets have a brace that uses those holes for mounting.

If you have any sort of lift kit installed the stock front skid plate is worthless. Check with your local wrecking yard of you want one that bad.

The track bar mount holes on the passenger side are for right hand drive vehicles. Don't worry about them. Many aftermarket track bar brackets have a brace that uses those holes for mounting.

Disagree. It's not worthless - but it is less worthwhile. I have an OEM on mine and every time I come back from wheeling I have new scratches on it. Apparently it is deflecting something. But yes, with a lift the track bar and some steering components are going to be exposed. I may not actually put mine back on - and if I do, it will be as much for aesthetics as for protection.

This is with a 3.5" lift on it.
101_1297.jpg

I say it's worth having if gotten for cheap or free. It's s great splash guard for water and mud and does help protect the upper parts of your suspension I have one and it's helped a lot on my 3.5" lifted xj

:eek: New? Used? Photos? :photo:

It was used, then new to me, and now used to me. No photos, but it looks like a factory skid plate that I used a wire wheel on, primed, and painted satin black.

I forget how much I paid for it, but it was less than $100 for sure shipped from someone on here. Just keep your eyes open and you will find one for sale.

The junkyards around here sell all undercarriage skids (front, gas, t-case) for $15 a piece - if you can find them.

I like the idea of the skid plate there, some protection is better than none but it sure makes working on anything a major pain. Plus its heavy and a pain to take on/off. I end up having it on a floor jack held in place and I never can seem to get the bolts on the sides started because its bent out of shape some.

That being said, mine has been sitting on the garage floor for a good year now....

The junkyards around here sell all undercarriage skids (front, gas, t-case) for $15 a piece - if you can find them.

Heard back from my junk-yard source... No go.

I like the idea of the skid plate there, some protection is better than none but it sure makes working on anything a major pain. Plus its heavy and a pain to take on/off. I end up having it on a floor jack held in place and I never can seem to get the bolts on the sides started because its bent out of shape some.

That being said, mine has been sitting on the garage floor for a good year now....

Be nice to find NOS!

Why do you want new? It's a piece of metal.

If it isn't super rusty, then you can just repaint it.

I'm doing a restoration so I'd prefer NOS. Doesn't mean I'll find one!

Transfer-case skid-plate?

I found a guy who has the steering skid-plate. He also reports he has a transfer-case skid-plate. Help with where/what it is installed?

Back