• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Build parts list and have a ORI strut question.

DynoGuy

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm putting together my parts list for my rig, but I'll have to do it in steps because of finances. A little background first. The rig currently has a 3.5" short arm lift kit with what appears to stock front coils and 3"+ spacers (the rear had oem leafs + spacers but I just replaced with RE 3.5"), D30/C8.25 (Spartan/LockRite), 33's. My goal is to have a lcg lift with 1tons & long arms, running on 37's. It won't be a dd but I still will drive out to wherever I want to wheel and that could be across the country .
So my question is can you run with just the ORI's in the front with rear leafs? I'd like to convert the front to long arms & install the RuffStuff frame stiffeners that I have ready to go at that time. The po had put in BDS lca's but looks like he had cut & extended the stock uca's. When i get the 1ton axles done then I'd do the rear conversion with rear ORI's. If I wait on all parts it may take a year or so, this way I can be wheeling as I improve the rig.
Thanks,
Mike

You can absolutely do that.

Be advised that air shocks of any kind have been known to add ride height as they get warm, so you may find your front end lifting another inch or more as you drive down the highway, and that if you lose an air shock, you'll be on your bumpstops driving home again.

Coilover may be a better option for your intended use.

Cal thanks for the reply. For my searching I've read about what could happen if you'd lose strut pressure but haven't thought about heat soak as far as the shock expanding goes, only about "packing" while in the "go fast" sections. Just trying to get a course of action for my build as i really want to get off these stock coils and didn't see the need to spend money on new coils then spend more on the final set up. I know I'll have a little extra in shock/control arm mounts but I can fab those myself so cost will be minimal.

Back