• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ball Joint Upgrade

Ian Christiansen

NAXJA Forum User
Time to do ball joints again and I was wondering if anybody has any experience with either the Synergy or Alloy USA ball joints on a D30? Are they worth the money and do they actually last longer than the Moogs I've been using? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Use Spicer!

My factory Spicers lasted 10x longer than MOOG replacements.

270,000 vs 27,000

Same tire size throughout

I wouldn't run anything alloy USA sells if you paid me. I've seen the terrible quality of their axles

I will only run Synergy's.

I've only seen one set go bad, and everything else on that front end seemed to go bad too, like maybe cracker sabotaged it.. ;)

I will only run Synergy's.

I've only seen one set go bad, and everything else on that front end seemed to go bad too, like maybe cracker sabotaged it.. ;)

meh. I can understand why you would want them in your race rig.

I don't believe for a second that they are worth the cost for anyone else running a d30

My old cherokee ran spicers. I had to replace them like 2-3 times a year.

The synergy's would have been cheaper..

My old cherokee ran spicers. I had to replace them like 2-3 times a year.

The synergy's would have been cheaper..

the spicers in my 30 have been in there for nearly a decade. and they are still tight enough that I don't "need" to replace them, but I am going to so that I can keep them as spares.

I can think of several other rigs just like that.

I know of almost nobody other than you that has had bad luck with spicers.

Back