• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

synergy brackets + stiffeners = ???

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I need some stiffeners for my POS beater but am thinking long-term about maybe using the Synergy long-arm brackets or something similar and am a little worried that they might not play all that well together. I assume somebody else tried it already and can tell me how it worked or didn't?

Thanks

On a beater?!?
...odd...
but whatever since its not mine.

Synergy makes some great stuff. I've got their Rear Spring Hanger Brackets. They're pretty beast, and the craftsmanship is great as well.
So I'd assume that the craftsmanship on their long-arm brackets is just as great.

I don't think he's worried about the quality of the brackets, I believe he's worried about how the stiffeners and the Synergy brackets will work together because of the added rail thickness from the plates...

if you have the means to install those stiffeners, then you have the means to make the brackets and stiffeners work together

Talk to sidewaysstarion , he has the synergy LA brackets and frame stiffies. The brackets fit snug to the frame rail, so I believe he cut the frame stiffies and sandwiched them with the brackets. If you are doing frame stiffies anyways, maybe consider buy/making mount brackets, or go with something less expensive like the HDOR 3-link brackets?

I had the Synergy brackets on my Jeep. They are a U-channel and fit very tight to the framerails. You will not be able to install them once stiffeners are welded on.

My suggestion would be to bolt the Synergy brackets as directed, then weld the whole bracket in as well. They have big holes in them, so welding to the frame should be easy. Then cut the stiffeners to go around the brackets and weld those on. Then make bracing plates to go between the two so there isn't a weak spot.

I didn't realize they were a U-channel design. I was thinking they were floor, inside of rail and bottom... That's a little different story then...

yea just cut the inner part of the bracket off and weld to the stiffeners. I would not break the stiffeners for the bracket - adjust the bracket to fit the full length stiffeners

Back